Baiklah kali ini saya akan membuat artikel dalam bahasa Inggris. Silahkan tanya via pesan singkat jika anda ingin mendapat penjelasan atau komentar terkait topik ini.
Global Food Security
Today is the final presentation of our Ph.D. debate course in Global Food Security partnership program, University of Tsukuba.This special course held for Monbukagakusho student funding by MEXT scholarship in Global Food Security partnership program. The professor in this course is Prof. Makoto Watanabe. Before the final presentation, we get the course in ten times with another professor in University Tsukuba and outside.
This is the schedule of our class:
- 10/6. Prof. Kazue Watanabe, University of Tsukuba.
Overview of human food and eco securities
- 10/13. Dr. Chia Chen, Univ of Tokyo.
Global Agenda and implementation on sustainable development
- 10/20. Prof. Masato Yoshida, Univ of Tsukuba.
World heritage and conservation.
- 10/27. Prof. Hanako Suzuki, University of Tsukuba.
Transcultural recognition and human interaction.
- 11/10. Prof. Yoshihoro Shiraiwa/ Wilson, University of Tsukuba.
Global Environmental Change and Human Activity.
- 11/17. Izumi Egami, Global manner springs.
Introduction to Japanese Omodetenashi and common manner.
- 11/14. Prof Makoto Nakai, Mansanto Japan.
Technology pipeline and sustaineable solution for agricultural challenges.
- 12/08. Prof. Kristie Collins, University of Tsukuba.
Gender equality related issues.
- 12/15. Prof. Motoo Utsumi, University of Tsukuba.
Water Security related issues
- 12/22. Appointed ones will lead the discussion and determine the Individual presentation presentation.
- 01/12. Individual presentation: 10 minute presentation and 5 minute Question and Answer.
End of class.
This course gives us (Ph.D. student) more perspective about Sustainable Development Goals (SDGS) and global perspective about food security and related issues in the world. This makes me learn more motivated me to improve my capability to solve many kinds of problem-related to life and environmental science included agriculture. There are many issues related to food security.
Food security: when all people at all times have physical and economic access to sufficient food to meet their dietary needs for a productive and healthy life.
Food security has three dimensions:
- AVAILABILITY of sufficient quantities of food of appropriate quality, supplied through domestic production or imports;
- ACCESS by households and individuals to adequate resources to acquire appropriate foods for a nutritious diet; and
- UTILIZATION of food through adequate diet, water, sanitation, and health care. (United States Department of Agriculture, 1996, p. 2)